Waveland State Historic Site
Waveland State Historic Site is a state park located in southern Lexington. Waveland is known historically as the Joseph Bryan Estate and includes the original 1848 Greek Revival mansion and three outbuildings - slave quarters, a smokehouse, and an ice house. The gardens are a wonderful place to stroll and from February through December, you can attend a Tuesday Tea in the mansion.
- Accessibility: Limited
- Visual Aids for Guests: Yes
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: No
- Accessibility Details: Parking is a little ways from cabin and mansion. Gift shop cabin and upper floors in mansion are not accessible but they give each guest all information they would receive in the upper rooms. Call for more information and to let them know you're coming so they can be as accommodating as possible.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: Not offered on website but all tours are customizable
- Accessible Transportation: N/A
- Contact for Accessible Guests: 859-272-3611
- Accessible Public Restrooms: No
- Description A rustic meeting space - in a barn with no heating or air.
- Theater Capacity 60
- Number of Rooms 1
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive