When you plan a meeting in Lexington, it’s so much more than just a meeting. We have so many ways to make your next meeting uniquely Kentucky--and completely unforgettable for your attendees.
Obviously, every meeting (and every group of attendees) is different. But no matter what kind of experience they’re looking for, we have something special to add to your itinerary to bring a little extra Lexington flair to your meeting. Here’s a few ideas:
- Sip Like a Local. Here in the Bluegrass, we know bourbon--and we love to share it with visitors. From guided on-site bourbon tastings with experts to distillery tours and customized barrel pick bottles, there’s no shortage of ways to get some of America’s native spirit in your meetings. The bourbon experts at Distilled Living--the Kentucky version of a sommelier--can even host a guided bourbon experience at (or after) your meeting, teaching your attendees how to sip, sniff and enjoy bourbon like professionals. (Is your group more into beer? We also offer craft beer tastings and tours at Lexington’s craft breweries!)
- Get Out in Horse Country. We’re called the Horse Capital of the World for a reason. Coordinate a personal tour of one of Kentucky’s world-famous Thoroughbred farms with the team at Horse Country and get your attendees up close and personal with some of our four-legged residents.
- Take a Sweet Break. Meetings are hard work. Give your attendees a break and indulge your sweet tooth with locally-made ice cream and gelato from Crank & Boom (we love their Bourbon and Honey flavor), Spotz Gelato or Sorella Gelateria. All three are happy to bring the goodies to you, allowing you to give your attendees a break without ever needing to leave the building.
- Stretch Your Legs. If you’re holding your meeting downtown, our Mural Challenge is a great way for your attendees to explore the city and spend a couple hours enjoying Lexington’s incredible street art. Or try our Big Lex Scavenger Hunt for a great team-building activity.
- Grab a Bite (or More). No matter what your taste, Lexington’s restaurant scene offers something delicious for everyone. Whether you want to bring a food truck to your event, have a gourmet lunch catered in, enjoy a group dinner in a private dining room, or just add a food-themed experience with a private chef to your itinerary, we have options for everyone. We’re at your service, as always.
Our friendly Meetings and Events staff love sharing Lexington with groups--so give us a shout and let us add a little extra Lexington to your next meeting.