Top Ten Things to Do
As you might expect in the Horse Capital of the World, we have horses! But in Lexington's Bluegrass Region, there are hundreds of exciting things to do, see and experience. Lexington is Kentucky's centerpiece, offering all the best Kentucky has to offer. Need a little guidance? Here's our Top 10 list to get you started...
1. See nearly 50 breeds of horses, plus museums, art galleries, shows and demonstrations at the 1,200 acre Kentucky Horse Park.
2. Meet our four-footed celebrities in their own homes on a Horse Farm Tour. You won't believe the lifestyle of our most famous residents!
3. Visit four period Historic Homes of the area's most famous citizens: Mary Todd Lincoln, Henry Clay, John Hunt Morgan and Joseph Bryan, a grand-nephew of Daniel Boone.
4. Wander through Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, the largest restored Shaker village in the world, with 34 original buildings on 3,000 acres.
5. Discover hand-crafted works from local artisans, unique boutiques, the largest mall in the state, plus the state's newest retail and dining destination: The Summit at Fritz Farm. A Shopping excursion in Lexington will not disappoint!
6. Try your luck at Keeneland Race Course during a race meet, or tour the grounds any time of year. Get up early to see horses working out on the track, then head over the the Track Kitchen for a hearty Southern breakfast.
7. Celebrate the living history of Kentucky Bourbon at four historic distilleries nearby: The Woodford Reserve Distillery, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, and Wild Turkey. These aren't just "visitor experiences!" These are real working distilleries.
8. Explore the scenic beauty of horse farm country with our Bluegrass Country Driving Tour. Call 1-800-845-3959 and we'll mail you our most popular map.
9. Enjoy art galleries, restaurants, walking tours, parks, murals, Bourbon bars and historic architecture in charming Downtown Lexington.
10. Indulge in delightful dining at one of our world-class, independently owned restaurants. Yes, it's "the South" but our cuisine goes way beyond grits.
For a complete listing of Lexington and Bluegrass Region attractions