This 2.5 acre park dedicated to the Thoroughbred industry contains seven life-size and lifelike bronze racehorses streaking toward the finish line, while broodmares, foals and the great stallion Lexington graze in a nearby field. All sculptures were created by celebrated artist Gwen Reardon. 42 plaques honoring historic figures in the industry are placed along winding walkways. Thoroughbred Park is a great spot to wander and to get some great photos!
- Operation Hours: Open year-round, 24 hours daily.
- Length of Tour: 15 Minutes
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Price Range $-$$$$: Free
- Accessibility: Yes
- Visual Aids for Guests: No
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: No
- Accessibility Details: Park has paved trails around statues and fountains
- Accessible Tours: N/A
- Accessible Transportation: N/A
- Accessible Restrooms: No restrooms
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive