The Thoroughbred Center
At this working Thoroughbred training facility, visitors can go behind the scenes to learn about a normal working day in the lives of Thoroughbreds and those who train and care for them. The center typically houses more than 1,000 horses. It is also headquarters of the North American Racing Academy. Surrounded by beautiful horse farms, the Thoroughbred Center is a popular special event facility. The Lounge, decorated in classic equestrian style, holds up to 200 people seated. The Pavilion, where Thoroughbred auctions once took place, has amphitheater seating for 920 and is ideal for awards ceremonies, and seminars. The 8,000 square foot Holding Area accommodates 1000 standing (500 seated) for parties and informal barbecues. The beautifully landscaped Paddock space is perfect for a tented event.
- Operation Hours: *Tours are currently unavailable due to construction Open year-round. April - October: Monday - Saturday: 9:00 AM November - March: Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM
- Length of Tour: 1 1/2 Hours
- Guided Tours:
- Gift Shop:
- Price Range $-$$$$: $$
Info for Tour Leaders
- Group Rate:
- Coach Parking:
- Accessibility: Limited
- Visual Aids for Guests: Yes
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: Yes
- Accessibility Details: Please call before tour to ensure accommodations. Current tour requires guests to get off an on a bus (not handicap accessible) two to three times. The terrain around the training area is not level or paved in all areas. We do have the option for groups to bring their own handicap accessible vehicle.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: No
- Accessible Transportation: No
- Contact for Accessible Guests: 859-293-1853
- Accessible Public Restrooms: Yes
- Theater Capacity 920
- Banquet Capacity 600
- Number of Rooms 3
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive