Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill
The largest restored Shaker community, with 3,000 acres of farmland and 34 restored 19th-century buildings. Shaker Village hosts a wide variety of hands-on classes, music performances and special events and has 33 miles of trails for hiking and horseback riding (bring your own horse). Dining is available. Kentucky River excursions aboard the paddle wheeler Dixie Belle are given from April through October.
The tranquil setting at this National Historic Landmark makes it an unforgettable choice for meetings or retreats. Meals are served in the Trustee's Office Dining Room or may be catered in the meeting spaces. Three historic buildings can accommodate meetings and weddings, ranging from 30-200 guests.
- Operation Hours: Open daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open till 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Closed December 24-25.
- Length of Tour: 3 Hours
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Guided Tours:
- Gift Shop:
- Mileage/Direction from Lexington: 25 miles southwest of Lexington
- Price Range $-$$$$: $$
Info for Tour Leaders
- Group Rate:
- Coach Parking:
- Meeting Rooms: 5
- Max Breakout Rooms: 4
- Largest Banquet Capacity: 75
- Largest general Session: 75
- Total Sq Footage of largest room: 1120
- Total Sq Footage of Meeting Space: 4612
- Accessibility: Limited
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive