Kentucky's military history is preserved and explained this museum. The building originally served as the state arsenal and a Civil War munitions factory, the museum hosts exhibits such as "Kentucky Military Treasures," and has 19th-century war records available for viewing.
- Operation Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Length of Tour: 45 minutes
- Guided Tours:
- Mileage/Direction from Lexington: 27 miles west of Lexington
- Price Range $-$$$$: $$
- Accessibility: Yes
- Accessibility Details: Entrance ramps and free manual wheelchair loans. Sensory backpacks are available as well, including a weighted plush pet, noise-reducing headphones, sunglasses, and more. All museum guides are translated in multiple languages.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: Yes
- Contact for Accessible Guests: (502) 564-1792
- Accessible Public Restrooms: Yes
- Website Information: Link
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive