Kentucky Horse Park
Dedicated to man's relationship with the horse, the Kentucky Horse Park is unlike any other park in the world -- a showcase of museums, galleries, theaters, and working farm exhibits. Nearly 50 breeds of horses graze upon its 1,200 acres of lush pastures. A campground offers 260 spacious sites with grocery store/gift shop, two bathhouses, tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts and a swimming pool. A variety of facilities can be rented for events. The Club Lounge, carpeted and tastefully decorated, includes a built in bar and accommodates 100 seated guests. Steeplechase Barn accommodates 450 people and is excellent for barbecues and casual parties. The Indoor Arena can seat 1,200 on permanent seating with an additional 1,800 on portable bleachers.
- Operation Hours: April-October: Wednesday-Sunday 9 AM - 5 PM. November-March: Wednesdays through Sundays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed major holidays.
- Length of Tour: 4 Hours
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Guided Tours:
- Take a Virtual Tour: https://kyhorsepark.com/visit/virtual-tours/
- Gift Shop:
- Price Range $-$$$$: $$$
Info for Tour Leaders
- Group Rate:
- Coach Parking:
- Accessibility: Yes
- Visual Aids for Guests: Yes
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: Yes
- Accessibility Details: Wheelchairs available for guest use for free. Moderate walking involved with slight inclines.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: N/A Self guided only
- Accessible Transportation: N/A
- Accessible Public Restrooms: Yes
- Theater Capacity 2974
- Banquet Capacity 750
- Number of Rooms 6
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive