James E. Pepper Distillery
In the Distillery District downtown, this historic distillery offers tours that tell the lost story of an iconic American brand and include a tasting of their award-winning whiskeys. The Pepper family brand is an iconic Kentucky bourbon produced from the American Revolution through 1958. Out of production for decades, it re-launched in 2017 at the site of the original Lexington distillery of 1879. Flights and special cocktails can be purchased as well.
- Operation Hours: WINTER HOURS--Wednesday through Friday tours at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30. Saturday: first tour at 10:30 and last tour at 3:30. Sundays first tour at noon and last tour at 4. Regular season is April through October.
- Length of Tour: 1 hour
- Guided Tours:
- Gift Shop:
- Price Range $-$$$$: $$$
- Accessibility: Yes
- Visual Aids for Guests: No
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: No
- Accessibility Details: Ramps throughout the space for physical mobility issues but some spaces may be hard to maneuver. Call or email in advance email@example.com
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: Yes - accomodating
- Accessible Transportation: N/A
- Contact for Accessible Guests: 859-309-3230
- Accessible Restrooms: Yes
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive