In 1893, bourbon from this distillery was selected from over 400 whiskeys to represent Kentucky at the World's Fair. The same fine 101 proof Wild Turkey bourbon is still made today. Visitors will tour the fermentation area and the cistern room where the barrels are filled as well as timbered warehouses to experience the sites, sounds and smells of a working distillery.
- Operation Hours: Tours are given Monday through Saturday on the hour starting at 9 a.m. The last tour of the day is at 4 p.m. Open seasonally on Sundays March through December, with the first tour at 11 a.m. and the last at 3 p.m. Closed on major holidays.
- Length of Tour: 1 Hour
- Guided Tours:
- Gift Shop:
- Mileage/Direction from Lexington: 23 miles west of Lexington
- Price Range $-$$$$: $$
Info for Tour Leaders
- Coach Parking:
- Accessibility: Yes
- Accessibility Details: Not required to let them in know in advance, but appreciated. *If the elevator in the distillery is not working, a guest with physical disabilities will not be able to visit our production areas but would still be able to visit our warehouse. We would provide a discount or refund to the guest if this happens.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: Yes
- Accessible Transportation: Yes
- Contact for Accessible Guests: (502) 839-2182
- Accessible Public Restrooms: Yes
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive