The Arboretum, State Botanical Garden of Kentucky
The Arboretum is the state’s botanical garden. The 100 acres include the Walk Across Kentucky which includes plants and trees from Kentucky’s seven physiographic regions, The Arboretum Woods, rose gardens, horticulture display gardens and the Kentucky Children’s Garden. Located on the grounds of the University of Kentucky.
- Operation Hours: Grounds are open from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM daily. Visitor Center: Tuesdays - Saturday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Kentucky Children's Garden: June - August, Wednesday - Saturday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Length of Tour: 1 - 4 hours
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Gift Shop:
- Price Range $-$$$$: Free
Info for Tour Leaders
- Coach Parking:
- Accessibility: Yes
- Visual Aids for Guests: No
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: No
- Accessibility Details: Paved paths are wheelchair accessible. Call ahead for programming accessibility.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: N/A
- Accessible Transportation: N/A
- Accessible Public Restrooms: Outside restrooms available from dawn to dusk. Interior restrooms available from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Booking URL: Link
- Website Information: Link
Accessibility in Hotels
- Accessible Public Spaces: Walk Across Kentucky walking path, picnic tables.
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive