Halloween Things to Do
Fright Nights At Jacobson Park
Dates: Open Friday through Sunday, September 28 through October ($18 to $38)
Location: 4001 Athens-Boonesboro Road, Lexington
Hours: Fridays & Saturdays 7:30-Midnight, Sundays 7:30-10:00 pm
- Candyland: Embrace the smell of popcorn in the air. Hold on to the joyful feeling when the carnival music hits your ear. Take notice of the faint clown laughs that whisper through the wind... That’s right, the carnival is in town and you’re invited. Come see and be amazed by the residents that call this one of a kind carnival home. All kinds of twists and turns and surprises wait for you at this year’s carnival. You never know, you might even become part of the show.
- The Dark Forest: The Willow family and all of its demented relatives have taken up shelter inside the bowels of Dark Forest at Jacobson Park. Willow family has gone to great lengths to make sure that those who enter the Dark Forest will never make that mistake ever again.
- 13 Doors: The clock is always ticking and every minute a new monster will be released from its chamber to find you and terrify you into begging for mercy as you navigate an industrial prison of rooms, shipping containers, mazes and more! You have 13 doors to open and if you hesitate for even one moment, creatures will be that much closer to finding you. Custom scenes of horror topped off by some of the most unique characters your mind has ever witnessed lurk behind every door.
Dates: Open Thursday through Sunday, September 21 through October ($10 to $26)
Location: 5817 Tates Creek Road, Nicholasville, KY
Hours: Thursday & Sunday 7:30-10:00 pm; Fridays & Saturdays 7:30 -Midnight
- Nightmare: Most people believe that Mercy Hospital was closed and condemned long ago due to sanitary conditions, but we know better. Open now for the first time in 62 years, we invite you to step inside and see what awaits. Be careful, you never know who or what might stumble across your path...
- Terror on Tates Creek: There are rumors that around October, near the old woods where Ivan (a tortured carnival owner) was nearly killed. There is a like no other- a carnival that sets up to entertain guests- one last time. It's supposed to be the Greatest Show on Earth. You may enjoy yourself so much so that you may never leave.
- Quarantine: Do you dare hop aboard the General's train to Fort Greenwall, and sneak into the old base to find out what's going on? You might not make it out alive...
Annual Thriller Parade
Date: Sunday, October 28
Location: Main Street (Quality Street to Mill Street) in Lexington
Hours: 2-8 pm Wonders Art Market; 6:30 pm - Halloween Variety Show (Courthouse Plaza); 8 pm - Parade; 8:30 pm Thriller Reenactment
About: Zombies return to haunt downtown Lexington once again! Every year we celebrate Halloween by recreating Michael Jackson's groundbreaking video for "Thriller." The dance will occur repeatedly along the route followed by a Halloween parade. Festivities include a Halloween variety pre-show and an after party at the Fifth Third Pavilion. Participation is open to all willing zombies who attend rehearsals to learn the choreography and parade schematics; however, there is a cutoff date for participation. Simply show up during rehearsal times, which are held throughout the month of October at Mecca Live Studio. For participation instructions and a rehearsal schedule, contact Mecca at email@example.com
Disturbia at the Distillery
Dates: Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27
Location: Buffalo Trace Distillery at 113 Great Buffalo Trace in Frankfort
Hours: Starts at 6 pm.
About: A night of dinner, drams and drama! Start your spook-takular evening off with the popular Ghost Tour at 6:00 pm, followed by dinner and spirits pairing in the Elmer T. Lee Clubhouse. During your dinner, sit back and enjoy the antics of Bluegrass Mystery Theatre while figuring out “who did it!” Between acts, enjoy a tasting of award-winning products. Dinner starts at 7:00 p.m. Optional costume contest with prizes. $65 per person. For reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (502) 696-5930.
Devine's Corn Maze "Field of Horror"
Dates: Friday October 26th and Saturday October 27th ($8 to $10)
Location: 623 Talmage Mayo Road, Harrodsburg, KY 40330
Hours: Starts at Dark-approximately 7:30pm.
About: Come the weekend of Halloween, if you dare! Your nightmares come alive. Get lost in the dark with the rustling corn, but stay alert around every corner! Children of the Corn, Jason, Freddy, Saw, Exorcist, and many more just may be waiting!!