Halloween Things to Do
Fright Nights At Jacobson Park
Dates: Friday-Sunday, September 27-October 31 ($20 to $35)
Location: 4001 Athens-Boonesboro Road, Lexington
Hours: Fridays & Saturdays 7:30-Midnight, Sundays 7:30-10:00 pm
• Candyland: Embrace the smell of popcorn in the air. Hold on to the joyful feeling when the carnival music hits your ear. Take notice of the faint clown laughs that whisper through the wind... That’s right, the carnival is in town and you’re invited. Come see and be amazed by the residents that call this one of a kind carnival home. All kinds of twists and turns and surprises wait for you at this year’s carnival. You never know, you might even become part of the show.
• The Dark Forest: The Willow family and all of its demented relatives have taken up shelter inside the bowels of Dark Forest at Jacobson Park. The Willow family has gone to great lengths to make sure that those who enter the Dark Forest will never make that mistake ever again.
• 13 Doors: The clock is always ticking and every minute a new monster will be released from its chamber to find you and terrify you into begging for mercy as you navigate an industrial prison of rooms, shipping containers, mazes and more! You have 13 doors to open and if you hesitate for even one moment, creatures will be that much closer to finding you. Custom scenes of horror topped off by some of the most unique characters your mind has ever witnessed lurk behind every door.
Dates: Thursday-Sunday, September 20th-October 31st ($14 to $38)
Location: 5817 Tates Creek Road, Nicholasville
Hours: Thursday & Sunday 7:30-10:00 pm; Fridays & Saturdays 7:30 -Midnight
• Nightmare: Sarah has a power. A power to bring her dreams to life. But her power has become twisted. Her father used to abuse her and that has imprinted on her. She killed her parents and the state decided she needed to be hospitalized. They sent her to Mercy Hospital. She spent 8 years there, and went through a couple of doctors. The whole time, her power was changing and corrupting the hospital. The staff didn’t know who was altering them and their patients, but just witnessed the havoc it was creating. Dr. Drizz took Sarah on as a patient. Some think he was trying to help her, but others thought he had more nefarious plans. Once he realized the corruption was coming from her, he sent her back home with a nurse to Cedar Grove. Since she has been home, her town has slowly started to warp and twist into how she envisions it. Normal people have started to change into her strange version of them. Cedar Grove is being corrupted and so are the visitors. Will you be twisted into one of Sarah’s nightmares?
• Valley of the Dead: Earl Piper owns the gas station on the outskirts of the Cedar Valley. After recovering from a freak accident involving a cracked fuel line that severely burned the right side of his body, weird things have started to happen... He claims to see people from the other side, people that have yet to crossover. Some people believe something has caused those who have died to remain entrapped in the area, their souls cannot escape, and Earl can see them. He also claims that with his new found “Sixth Sense," he can see places that are thin enough that people can pass through, allowing the living to walk amongst the dead. While some think he is a crackpot, others believe him. We don’t know the truth but when you stop for a fill up at Earl’s Pump & Go why don’t you ask to see for yourself? Can you visit the other side, and make it back alive, or will you be stuck in the Valley of the Dead?
• The Hunted: General D. Kay has one goal, to make the ultimate war machine. For a few years he tested with reanimating soldiers. The problem with those machines was that they would quickly decompose and couldn’t hold up to the barrage of war. Too many bullets flying their way and they would lose body parts. Then the General had an idea. To create the ultimate soldier, you had to have the proper pieces. He began messing with soldiers DNA. The soldiers were coming out quicker, stronger and with tougher skin, but it was messing with their minds. Their minds couldn’t keep up with the changes that were happening to their bodies. Then one escaped. He has freed all the other mutants, and they have taken over Fort Greenwall. Can you battle them, or will you become.. The Hunted?
Annual Thriller Parade
Date: Sunday, October 27th
Location: Main Street (Quality Street to Mill Street) in Lexington
Hours: 2-3pm Halloween Make-up; 4-8 pm Wonders Art Market; 4-6:30pm Halloween Variety Show (Courthouse Plaza); 6:30pm Parade
About: This annual tradition has become a local must do event as Halloween enthusiasts of all ages descend on downtown Lexington to celebrate the season. Lexington’s largest, free Halloween party will kick off with Halloween-inspired art and performances and will culminate with the Halloween Parade and Thriller reenactment. New to the parade this year is the Monster Mash-up Flash Mob. Food and beverage vendors will be onsite serving up good eats and treats.
Devine's Corn Maze "Field of Horror"
Dates: November 1-2 ($8 to $10)
Location: 623 Talmage Mayo Road, Harrodsburg
Hours: Starts at Dark-approximately 7:30pm
About: Come the weekend of Halloween, if you dare! Your nightmares come alive. Get lost in the dark with the rustling corn, but stay alert around every corner! Children of the Corn, Jason, Freddy, Saw, Exorcist, and many more just may be waiting!!
Halloween Camp-out I and II at the KY Horse Park Campground
Dates: October 8-12 and October 15-19
Location: 4089 Iron Works Pike, Lexington
About: The Halloween Campout returns for its annual fright with two great weekends in 2019! It will include an ice cream social, games and crafts for the kids, live entertainment, trick or treating, a costume contest and much more. This is the perfect way to send the camping season out with a bang. Sponsored in part by the KHP Foundation.