Join the VisitLEX Team
Position Title: Vice President of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Type of Position: Full-time
Department Name: Marketing
Reports To: President
The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Marketing is to oversee the VisitLEX brand and develop short and long-term marketing strategies with the objective of attracting overnight business and positively impacting economic development as related to individuals/leisure visitors, motorcoach/tour groups, and conventions/meetings.
• Seven to ten years of experience in brand development, travel/tourism and/or marketing.
• Experience in tourism promotion management, marketing and communications preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as VisitLEX brand manager, inclusive of all destination brand pillars.
• Leads, supervises and manages the Lexington Visitors Center, all visitor information, public relations/communications, marketing/advertising initiatives, and market research as appropriate.
• Serves as a member of the executive leadership team. Responsible for strategic direction and management of marketing department and its integration with the organization as a whole.
• Develops and implements a coordinated and comprehensive marketing plan and corresponding budget on an annual basis; manages relationships with advertising agency of record as well as public relations professionals.
• Promotes Lexington as an ideal travel destination.
• Develops and coordinates specific annual advertising programs for groups, including budget, placement, frequency, and all creative assets.
• Oversees VisitLEX.com, including design, functionality and customer engagement.
• Leads and manages media services department to create an integrated approach to positive editorial coverage through writers, editors, and professional journalists.
• Hosts visiting journalists.
• Creates communications strategy for several audiences, including: individuals/leisure, motorcoach/tour groups, and conventions/meetings.
• Oversees industry partner outreach program.
• Oversees all international initiatives, oftentimes in partnership with multiple destination partners throughout Kentucky.
• Designs and implements research projects as appropriate.
• Analyzes industry trends to assist in meeting key marketing objectives.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to respond to clients in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Excellent management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to travel frequently.
• Ability to think quickly on your feet.
• Ability to assess a situation and make appropriate decisions.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively.
• Ability to review and interpret data.
• Ability to network and build relationships.
• Ability to work on a team.
• Credibility, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Ability to strategically plan ahead to meet deadlines and future company needs.
Email your resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions and inquiries must be submitted electronically to email@example.com and are due by Friday, August 5, 2022. Questions, inquiries or resumes received in any other format or addressed to any other source will not be considered.
Resumes are active 90 days from date of receipt and do not constitute an employment relationship. Statements and representations on documents submitted for consideration must be complete and accurate. VisitLEX reserves the right to verify the completeness and accuracy of any and all statements and representations as well as conduct background and job related checks.
Position Title: Intern
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Type of Position: Part-time
Department Name: Marketing
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
The primary responsibility of the VisitLEX Intern is to be reliable and resourceful with an enthusiastic interest and/or knowledge of metropolitan Lexington. Interns are expected to play an active role in the marketing, convention, and visitor services departments, learn about the hospitality industry and contribute valuable efforts to the success of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• General office and administrative duties (answering phones, operating office equipment, etc.)
• Providing customer service and local information to visitors at the Visitors Center
• Work with various departments on special, tourism-related projects
• Assist with the planning, preparation, and participation of CVB events
• Support servicing of groups through registration assistance, directions, etc.
• Other duties as assigned will depend on the focus of the CVB, but will include a variety of areas such as convention services, marketing, finance, and general customer service.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products
• Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision at times
• Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and resourceful
• No experience required
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must be enrolled in a college/university
• Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
• Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person, on the telephone, and on the computer.
• Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk.
• Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands.
• Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
• Occasionally drives motor vehicle to visit and call upon customers.
• Occasionally exposed to outside elements when traveling for business.
• Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to fifteen (15) pounds when moving supplies.
• May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel.
Email completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.