Be a VisitLEX Intern
Position Title: Intern
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Type of Position: Part-time
Department Name: Marketing
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing
The primary responsibility of the VisitLEX Intern is to be reliable and resourceful with an enthusiastic interest and/or knowledge of metropolitan Lexington. Interns are expected to play an active role in the marketing, convention, and visitor services departments, learn about the hospitality industry and contribute valuable efforts to the success of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• General office and administrative duties (answering phones, operating office equipment, etc.)
• Providing customer service and local information to visitors at the Visitors Center
• Work with various departments on special, tourism-related projects
• Assist with the planning, preparation, and participation of CVB events
• Support servicing of groups through registration assistance, directions, etc.
• Other duties as assigned will depend on the focus of the CVB, but will include a variety of areas such as convention services, marketing, finance, and general customer service.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products
• Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision at times
• Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and resourceful
• No experience required
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must be enrolled in a college/university
• Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
• Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person, on the telephone, and on the computer.
• Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk.
• Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands.
• Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
• Occasionally drives motor vehicle to visit and call upon customers.
• Occasionally exposed to outside elements when traveling for business.
• Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to fifteen (15) pounds when moving supplies.
• May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel.
Email completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.