Social Media Tips
We all know how important it is to have a presence on social media platforms. We've compiled some suggested posts for Facebook and Twitter that you may use to promote your meeting and build attendance. We even created a gallery of images that you can download to complement your posts.
Click on the subject that you want to share with your attendees. Create a post by cutting and pasting our text, or just use our words for inspiration. The suggested images can be dowloaded from this link: http://barberstock.com/collection/visitlex/2019-meeting-planners-social-media
1. We are heading to The Horse Capital of the World for (insert meeting name) and Price Bell, a Lexington local and a sixth-generation horseman, is giving us the inside scoop on what we need to do while in Lexington, KY. Check out his guide > Link to: bit.ly/2GN2pNd
2. Lexington, KY is home to one of the most beautiful racecourses in the world, Keeneland! Their staff has put together a list of the must-do's during your visit. While in town, head out to this National Historic Landmark and check them off! Link to: bit.ly/2oI9Zu3
3. Have you seen the movie Seabiscuit? During (insert meeting name), you can meet the horse cast in the movie as well as other celebrity horses that have retired at Old Friends. Just a short-scenic drive from downtown Lexington. Link to: bit.ly/2pgt7RO
1. There are about 150 horse farms in Lexington. Which one are you visiting during #insertgrouphashtag #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oAMozI Suggested image: 115-3-19380 Horse gazing through fence.
2. On horseback or on foot, explore the Kentucky Horse Park during #insertgrouphashtag #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oHZyGU Suggested image: 115-3-20368 Woman with red jacket on, riding a horse.
3. During #insertgrouphashtag head to Keeneland, for a day at the races #sharethelex Link to:bit.ly/2oI9Zu3 Suggested image: 115-3-11318 Horse race-blue sky, white clouds (Note that race meets are in April and October; grounds are open year round)
1. Kentucky is home to at least 95% of the world's bourbon and we will be in the heart of it all for (insert meeting name). 14 distilleries are within 45 minutes of downtown Lexington. Looking to visit one with fellow attendees? Check out this guide: Link to: bit.ly/2oGic3a Suggested image: 115-3-16893 People standing over vat in distillery
2. The first female bourbon Master Distiller since prohibition has mapped out her favorite spots in Lexington, KY! Which ones will you be checking off when in town for the (insert meeting name)? Check out Marianne Eaves' guide: Link to: bit.ly/2RoalZd
3. (insert meeting name) is being held in the heart of Bourbon Country. How are you going to be checking off your ‘bourbon to-do's' while in town? Link to: bit.ly/2EZiWuM
1. Hey #insertgrouphashtag After the meeting you can tour world-class bourbon distilleries #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oGic3a Suggested image: 115-3-17496 Woodford Reserve tour
2. #insertgrouphashtag is headed to the unofficial ‘Best place in America to grab a drink." Find out why #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2q3b9T2 Suggested image: 115-3-16894 Man holding bourbon
3. Is a bourbon vacation on your bucket list? Check it off during the #insertgrouphastagmeeting #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oI2dk0 Suggested image:115-3-16881 Bourbon barrels
1. If you like beer, you'll love Lexington, KY! They even have their own trail dedicated to their local craft beers. Hop on it while you're in town. Here's the list: Link to: bit.ly/2nVHnPu Suggested image: 115-3-19056 Someone taking a picture of a beer
2. Beer and bourbon, bourbon and beer, either way, they pair nicely! During the meeting you won't have to venture far to discover this. Link to: bit.ly/2pjB0Id
3. The Lexington locals love to brag about their beer scene, obviously. But what if those claims were backed up by a Colorado native who grew up in the town that was once dubbed the "Napa Valley of Craft Beer"? Check out what she thinks about Lexington's Brewgrass Trail. Spoiler alert: She wasn't disappointed. Link to: bit.ly/2QeJslW
1. When it comes to local beer, Lexington crafts the best. Plan your first brew stop after #insertgrouphashtag #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2o7zFnq Suggested image: 115-3-1805 Woman in blue shirt pouring beer.
2. If you like beer you'll love where we are going for #insertgrouphashtag #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2EZD6VB Suggested image: 115-3-20169 People outside of a brewery
3. Grab a brew during #insertgrouphashtag There's a trail for that! #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2nVHnPu Suggested image: 115-3-18002 Distillery District
1. Lexington, KY has over 150 local restaurants ready for you to experience during the (insert meeting name). Check them out in this local dining guide: Link to: bit.ly/2J3krs3
2. Make your way to Jefferson Street while in town for (insert meeting name). With around a dozen bars and restaurants why pick just one? Start with drinks, move on for dinner and pick another for dessert! Link to: bit.ly/2oJLwFT
3. Lexington Chef Ouita Michel was participating in farm-to-table before it was even cool. Her restaurants have purchased almost $3 million of Kentucky-grown meats, dairy products, fruits and vegetables over the last 16 years. This is your guide to enjoying all of Ouita’s famous restaurants while in Lexington, KY for (insert group name). Link to: bit.ly/2AqvUyL
1. Eat like a local during #insertgrouphashtag Flag this dining guide to find your favorite #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2J3krs3 Suggested image: 115-3-20256 Table of food.
2. The Distillery District is where it's at! Located right downtown, grab a drink or a bite, or both after #insertgrouphashtag. #sharethelex Suggested image: 115-3-17986 People sitting at picnic table, dining.
3. Once in Lexington for #insertgrouphashtag, check out Lexington local Joelle's guide on where to get the most bang for your buck while dining out! #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2VeYRX8
1. If you love history, you'll love where we are going! (Insert meeting name) is being held in a city rich with history and stories waiting to be discovered by you and fellow attendees. Check out this guide on things to do while in Lexington, KY. Link to: bit.ly/2CGvQfQ
2. Lexington, KY was one of the largest and wealthiest towns west of the Alleghenies by 1820. Experience some of that with a stroll back in time in Gratz Park, Lexington's poshest neighborhood of the early 1800s; still a scenic and charming place to live. Suggested image: 115-3-17002 Pink and blue house.
3. While in Lexington for (insert meeting name) explore McConnell Springs, the 26-acre natural area where the city was named. Link to: bit.ly/2qiEqbA
1. During #insertgrouphashtag see how Kentucky's first millionaire lived. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oA5E0S Suggested image: 115-3-15198 Red brick house
2. Get a group together after #insertgrouphashtag to tour the childhood home of Mary Todd Lincoln. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2pCYbhE Suggested image: 115-3-15238 Brick house with street in foreground
3. Hey #insertgrouphashtag visit the home of The Great Compromiser, Henry Clay. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2ppnOBN Suggested photo: 115-3-19997 Large brick house with lawn in forground.
1. Lexington may be most famous for horses and bourbon but would you believe they have enchanting gardens and inspiring architecture as well? See for yourself during (insert meeting name). Link to: bit.ly/2qiM9Xd
2. The arts scene in Lexington is one that is surprising to many, and it will make for a great night after (insert meeting name). Wind down with a performance or stroll through the galleries. Link to: bit.ly/2GNUbVa
3. Nothing says charm and sophistication like The Ashland Park neighborhood in Lexington, KY. During (insert meeting name) use this local guide and find out the best way to experience this awesome area of town with fellow attendees. Link to: bit.ly/2pCOPCE
1. Get a group together, enjoy a scenic drive and explore Shaker Village during #insertgrouphashtag #sharethlex Link to: bit.ly/2oA5MNS Suggested photo: 115-3-17907 Center family dwelling at Shaker Village, white house
2. Hey #insertgrouphashtag check out Lexington's art scene. You'll be pleasantly surprised. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oPytm0 Suggested photo: 115-3-16685 Art pieces of birds
3. Hey #insertgrouphashtag if you like challenges, you should attempt the mural challenge. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2plorug Suggested photo: 115-3-19620 Abe Lincoln mural.
1. Calling all live music lovers! Lexington has put together a guide on the hottest live music scenes for you to enjoy during (insert meeting name). Link to: bit.ly/2q9Sm8m
2. (Insert meeting name) is taking place in the heart of the Bluegrass Region, where Bluegrass music isn't hard to find. Round up a group and check out one of these spots for a live performance. Link to: bit.ly/2oPAVJn
3. The Burl, Lexington's newest music venue, is waiting for you to join all the live music fun during (insert group name). Enjoy local and national performers in the beautiful restored train depot. Link to: bit.ly/2qb9gDD
1. Lexington, KY knows Bluegrass music! Use this guide and catch a performance during #insertgrouphashtag #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oPAVJn Suggested photo: 115-3-17239 3-piece band on stage.
2. Lexington and live music go hand-in-hand. Find a spot to go to during #insertgrouphashtag#sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2q9Sm8m Suggested photo: 115-3-12374 Music at the Lexington Opera House.
3. Celebrate Americana music during #insertgrouphashtag with an internationally live-taped show #WoodSongs #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2pDDFxI Suggested photo: 115-3-12481 Man on stage with guitar.
1. Don't go home empty-handed! Before leaving (insert meeting name) seek a shop out at The Summit at Fritz Farm so you can take a little piece of Lexington back home with you. Suggested photo: 115-3-19256
2. Join the locals and shop like a Lexingtonian during (insert meeting name). They have shared an insider's guide on all the ‘must-shop' spots in town. Link to: bit.ly/2R3UKyT
3. During (insert meeting name) make your way to Clay Avenue for some retail therapy in unique and local boutiques. Link to: bit.ly/2oQs2z4 Suggested photo: 115-3-17003 Woman looking through clothes
1. Don't leave #insertgrouphashtag without a little piece of Lexington to take back home. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2R3UKyT Suggested photo: 115-3-17003 Woman looking through clothes
2. Hey #insertgrouphashtag the Lexington locals know how to shop & they've given us an insider's guide #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2R3UKyT Suggested photo: 115-3-17003 Woman holding print
3. During # insertgrouphashtag take part in some retail therapy on Clay Ave. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oQs2z4 Suggested photo: 115-3-11003 Girl looking through clothes.
1. We are going to one of the Most Scenic Towns in North America according to Car Rental and we can't wait! Share your scenic pictures with #sharethelex while in town for (insert meeting name). Link to: bit.ly/2ldTS6y
2. Lexington, KY is a member of The Meetings and Conventions Magazine Hall of Fame for Gold Service Awards and for good reason. The city's hospitality is unmatchable and they are ready for (insert meeting name).
3. "Nobody does bourbon and racehorses like Lexington, KY." - Conde Nast Traveler. Experience it for yourself during (insert meeting name). Link to: bit.ly/2p7vic2
1. Lexington made Gear Patrol's "25 Best Places to Travel in 2017." Can't wait to be there for #insertgrouphashtag #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oPhyQK
2. Getting around Lexington for #insertgrouphashtag is cake. Wallet Hub's #5 Best Run Cities in 2017. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2oMpEsy
3. Hey #insertgrouphashtag we're heading to the 2016 #2 Most Charitable City in America. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2pCHxPa
1. Hey (insert meeting name), getting to Lexington is super easy. It's leaving that's hard. Lexington is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population. Located at the crossroads of Interstates 75 & 64. Suggested photo: 115-3-19208
2. Are you arriving in Lexington by air for the (insert meeting name)? You will be welcomed into the Horse Capital of the World by one of the most beautiful airport approaches in the country. Suggested photo: 115-3-17221 Aerial of horse farm
1. Hey #insertgrouphashtag, fly into Lexington. The airport is located 10 minutes from downtown. #sharethelex Suggested photo: 115-3-17221 Aerial of horse farm
2. #insertgrouphashtag is headed to Lexington, KY! Located at the crossroads of Interstates 75 & 64. It's super easy to get to. #sharethelex Suggested photo: 115-3-19208
1. We're heading to Lexington, KY for (insert meeting name). Famous for rolling Bluegrass hills and beautiful horse farms, this region is also filled with parks, trails, cliffs, arches and a whole lot of adventure. They've put together a guide on what to do outdoors while we're in town. Check it out! Link to: bit.ly/2QZ7JBZ
2. The Red River Gorge is just a short drive from where we will be for (insert meeting name). There's an iconic pizza stop in the Gorge called Miguel's that's a can't miss. Miguel's very own son Dario has filled us in on all the must-do's in the area. Check out Dario's guide to plan out your stops. Link to: bit.ly/2EWtJpM
3. Lexington, KY has plenty to do outdoors. A local, and the owner of the idyllic Snug Hollow Farm, knows a thing or two about the area and she's let us in on her favorite spots. Link to: bit.ly/2TkIJ4G
1. Lexington, KY doesn't fall short when it comes to outdoor adventure! Check out your options with this guide > Link to: bit.ly/2QZ7JBZ Suggested image: 115-3-18881
2. Down for some adventure? We will be a short drive away from The Red River Gorge during #insertgrouphashtag. Check it out! Suggested image: 115-3-18879
3. An avid outdoors local gives us her favorite spots to check out while in town for #insertgrouphashtag. #sharethelex Link to: bit.ly/2TkIJ4G