Lexington Central Public Library
Built in 1989, the Lexington Public Library is a short walk from downtown hotels and adjacent to covered parking, banks and restaurants. The Library Gallery hosts rotating art exhibits. The central rotunda features the largest ceiling clock in the world.
The library also has space for special events. Conference Room A has a capacity of 100 people, classroom, theater-style or standing. Conference Room B and C hold 25. The Board Room holds 50 people conference style. The Will Farrish Theatre has a capacity of 140.
- Operation Hours: Open 7 days a week.
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Price Range $-$$$$: Free
- Accessibility: Yes
- Visual Aids for Guests: Yes
- Hard of Hearing Guidance: Yes
- Accessibility Details: Powered entrances, self-check outs, book retrieval services, tables, computers, outlets, water fountains all at accessible height. Courtesy wheelchair available.
- Handicapped Parking:
- Accessible Tours: N/A
- Accessible Transportation: N/A
- Accessible Public Restrooms: Yes
- Website Information: Link
- Theater Capacity 140
- Number of Rooms 5
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive