Jefferson Street - Glendower Property
In 1928, the Glendower property, originally built by Mary Russell, was purchased and used as a school of nursing. The home was razed in 1942 for the erection of Euphrasis Hall that still stands. It was named in honor of the first director of the hospital, Sister Euphrasia. The Colored YMCA, organized in 1942, acquired the building in 1964. In 2022, the building was purchased by the Lexington Rescue Mission.
In the neighborhood?
Here are a few of the best places to visit within walking distance or a quick drive