Let’s Do This, Lexington
As Dolly Parton once said, “the way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!”
The year 2020 has certainly brought a lot of rain on our little city. Lexington’s restaurants, hotels, attractions and retailers have weathered quite the storm. And while we still have a ways to go, it’s time to start looking forward to that rainbow.
Our community has already done some amazing things this year in support of Lexington’s hospitality industry. Let’s keep that goodness going. This winter, it’s going to be more important than ever.
Invest in Lexington’s Future
In recent years, Lexington has been on the up-and-up. We’ve welcomed a ton of new restaurants, bars, bourbon distillers and entertainment options to our growing city. That upward trend is thanks in large part to the growth in tourism dollars coming into Lexington and Central Kentucky each year.
While we are optimistic about the future of Lexington’s hospitality industry, our recovery is going to take time. But that’s where you, our locals, come in.
Think of it like this: your support of Lexington establishments is an investment into the future of our city. The dollars you spend eating takeout, shopping local, or planning a fun outing will help create a better place to live, work and play…but it’s going to take all of us.
Here’s How You Can Help
There are countless ways to support our local community. Here are a few of the most impactful ways to invest in LEXINGTON 2021.
- Eat Out & Order Takeout: Keep supporting your favorite local restaurants, and maybe try a few you’ve never had. Try to eat out, order curbside or have food delivered at least twice a week. Lexington’s dining scene depends on it.
- Take a Staycation: Book a local hotel room and get out of the house for a night or two. Take a break from the kids or plan a digital detox. Hotels have been hit hardest by COVID-19, so not only will you be doing yourself a favor, you’ll be helping them too.
- Shop Local, Play Local: Get out and explore all that Lexington has to offer. Do something you’ve never done before. Go visit a horse farm, peruse an art gallery, take a bourbon distillery tour, go shopping at local retailers. Remember, many of Lexington’s signature attractions rely on tourism…so go do something fun and support local at the same time.
- #ShareTheLEX: You know the drill…if you love it, share it! Post photos of your favorite Lexington places on your social media pages, tag your friends and encourage their support as well. And when you feel comfortable, invite your friends and family for a visit.
- Wear a Mask & Social Distance: It bears repeating…wear a mask and social distance. Seriously. The sooner we all do the right thing, the sooner we can turn this thing around.
Donate to Nourish Lexington
Founded to provide warm meals for food-insecure children and families in Lexington, donating to Nourish is a fantastic way to support your community. Nourish also provides opportunities for hospitality workers to earn income by putting their skills to work preparing and distributing healthy meals through the FoodChain kitchen. So far, Nourish has provides tens of thousands of meals for free to those struggling through this pandemic. Let’s keep it going!