As you might expect in the Horse Capital of the World, we have horses! But in Lexington's Bluegrass Region, there are hundreds of exciting things to do, see and experience. Lexington is Kentucky's centerpiece, offering all the best Kentucky has to offer. Need a little guidance? Here's our Top 10 list to get you started...
1. See nearly 50 breeds of horses, plus museums, art galleries, shows and demonstrations at the 1,200 acre Kentucky Horse Park.
2. Try your luck at Keeneland Race Course during a race meet, or tour the grounds any time of year.
3. Meet our four-footed celebrities in their own homes on a Horse Farm Tour. You won't believe the lifestyle of our most famous residents!
4. Indulge in delightful Dining at one of our world-class, independently owned restaurants. Yes, it's "the South" but our cuisine goes way beyond grits.
5. Visit four period Historic Homes of the area's most famous citizens.
6. Wander through the restored Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, the largest restored Shaker villiage in the world.
7. Discover hand-crafted works from local artisans, or the largest mall in the state on a Shopping excursion in the heart of the Bluegrass.
8. Celebrate the living history of Kentucky Bourbon at five historic distilleries nearby: The Woodford Reserve Distillery, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Town Branch Distillery and Wild Turkey. These aren't just "visitor experiences!" These are real working distilleries.
9. Explore the scenic beauty of horse farm country with our Bluegrass Country Driving Tour. Call 1-800-845-3959 and we'll mail you our most popular map.
10. Enjoy shops, galleries, restaurants, walking tours, parks and historic sights in charming Downtown Lexington.
For a complete listing of Lexington and Bluegrass Region attractions