Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau's mission is to market and promote Lexington's Bluegrass Region for the purpose of attracting visitors and growing the economy. Our goal is to attract highly motivated and talented individuals who promote our values - dedication, experience, honesty, integrity, respect and trust.
If you meet the requirements, are enthusiastic, have initiative, good character, interpersonal skills, a willingness to assume responsibility and would like to be part of our team, apply for consideration of the position below.
The Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau (LCVB) is an equal opportunity employer. The LCVB does not discriminate against any person in any matter related to employment based on race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, citizenship or any other legally protected class.
Destination Sales Manager
The primary responsibility of the Destination Sales Manager is to market and sell Lexington as a destination for meetings and conventions. The Destination Sales Manager is responsible for identifying new business opportunities through research, solicitation, referrals and other methods within the assigned accounts and markets. Additionally, the role is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to successfully secure definite business in the assigned accounts and markets.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Creates awareness of and promotes Lexington as a meetings and conventions destination through convention solicitation.
• Creates economic impact for Lexington by identifying, soliciting and booking meetings and conventions in Lexington hotels and meeting facilities.
• Ensures VisitLEX resources are used to maximize economic impact for Lexington by evaluating the return on investment of individual meetings and conventions.
• Develops, implements and monitors sales strategies to ensure all goals (tentative lead generation, definite hotel room nights, conversion ratios, solicitations, etc.) are achieved.
• Actively participates in sales calls, tradeshows, industry events and other opportunities to increase booking opportunities.
• Identifies, builds and maintains client relationships to maximize business opportunities.
• Partners with hotels, restaurants, attractions and other industry partners to create a client specific destination package that represents the brand to all meetings and conventions attendees.
• Manages all data in CRM to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting.
• Represents VisitLEX as an active participant in community organizations that support tourism.
Other Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Attends meetings and industry events, including but not limited to city wide DOS meetings, weekly sales meetings, monthly staff meetings, and partner meetings.
• May travel and attend events during non-business hours (evenings and weekends). Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
• Assists with identifying areas for improvement and making constructive changes.
• Keeps abreast of all changing policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and understanding of the sales process in the hospitality industry.
• Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to respond to clients in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Strong analytical, organizational, and detail oriented skills.
• Strong business etiquette.
• Ability to perform and interpret research.
• Ability to self-motivate in order to achieve goals.
• Ability to work on a team.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer records.
• Credibility, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Ability to strategically plan ahead to meet deadlines and future company needs.
• Proven successful background in sales with a minimum of two different market segments.
• Five years of proven experience in generating meetings and conventions room nights through the sales process.
Educational / Certification Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
• Possesses valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and reliable transportation.
Physical Requirements Essential to Perform the Duties of the Job
• Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person, on the telephone, and on the computer to provide assistance.
• Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk.
• Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands.
• Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
• Occasionally drives motor vehicle to visit and call upon customers.
• Occasionally exposed to outside elements when traveling for business.
• Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds when moving supplies.
• May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel.
How to Apply for Consideration
Email your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM EST on March 27, 2017. Resumes received after that time will not be accepted.
All questions and inquiries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, inquiries or resumes received in any other format or addressed to any other source will not be considered.
Resumes are active 90 days from date of receipt and do not constitute an employment relationship. Statements and representations on documents submitted for consideration must be complete and accurate. VisitLEX reserves the right to verify the completeness and accuracy of any and all statements and representations as well as conduct background and job related checks.
VisitLEX is an at-will employer. As such, employment may terminate at any time by either party.