Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau's mission is to distill the spirit of Lexington's Bluegrass Region and the "Horse Capital of the World" to champion the brand, generate economic benefit and serve as a role model and educator.
Our goal is to attract highly motivated and talented individuals who promote our values - dedication, experience, honesty, integrity, respect and trust.
If you meet the requirements, are enthusiastic, have initiative, good character, interpersonal skills, a willingness to assume responsibility and would like to be part of our team, apply for consideration of the position below.
The Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau (LCVB) is an equal opportunity employer. The LCVB does not discriminate against any person in any matter related to employment based on race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, citizenship or any other legally protected class.
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Coordinator is to provide support to the Administrative team members to ensure an efficient and effective department.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Assists with fulfillment and mailroom responsibilities
• Assists with commission communications, documents, meetings and packets
• Assists with VisitLEX reception desk during lunch breaks and vacations
• Assists with on-boarding and training new employees on office operations
• Coordinates inventory and supplies
• Coordinates repairs and maintenance
• Coordinates conference room schedule and set-up
• Coordinates office-wide activities, events and initiatives
• Coordinates communications on behalf of the President, Vice President of Finance and Operations and Executive Team as necessary
• Provides support to the President, Vice President of Finance and Operations and Executive Team as necessary
• Collaborates with other departments as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Assists in identifying areas for improvement and making constructive changes
• Keeps abreast of all changing policies and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
• Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Knowledge and understanding of a modern office environment
• Strong proofreading and communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong analytical, organizational and detail oriented skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work on a team
• Credibility, flexibility, and adaptability
• Capability to strategically plan ahead to meet deadlines and future organizational needs
• 3-5 years office experience
• Hospitality industry experience preferred
Physical Requirements Essential to Perform the Duties of the Job
• Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person, on the telephone, and on the computer
• Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk
• Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands
• Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room
• Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds when moving supplies
• May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel
How to Apply for Consideration
Email your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM EST on August 21, 2017. Resumes received after that time will not be accepted.
All questions and inquiries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, inquiries or resumes received in any other format or addressed to any other source will not be considered.
Resumes are active 90 days from date of receipt and do not constitute an employment relationship. Statements and representations on documents submitted for consideration must be complete and accurate. The LCVB reserves the right to verify the completeness and accuracy of any and all statements and representations as well as conduct background and job related checks.
VisitLEX is an at-will employer. As such, employment may terminate at any time by either party.