Lexington Convention and Visitors BureauThe Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau's mission is to market and promote Lexington's Bluegrass Region for the purpose of attracting visitors and growing the economy. Our goal is to attract highly motivated and talented individuals who promote our values - dedication, experience, honesty, integrity, respect and trust.
The primary responsibility of the Office Manager is to serve as the point person to maintain office systems and provide support to the administrative team to ensure an efficient and effective office.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Coordinates office operations and procedures
• Coordinates inventory and supplies
• Coordinates repairs and maintenance
• Coordinates with IT for upgrades, repairs and maintenance
• Coordinates office-wide activities, events and initiatives
• Coordinates and maintains commission communications, documents, meetings and packets
• Coordinates communications on behalf of the President
• Coordinates communications on behalf of the Vice President of Finance and Operations
• Assists with VisitLEX reception desk during lunch breaks and vacations
• Assists with Human Resources and Benefits Administration
• Assists with policy changes and manual updates
• Assists with on-boarding and training new employees on office operations
• Provides support to the President as necessary
• Provides support to the Vice President of Finance and Operations as necessary
• Provides support to the Executive Team as necessary
• Collaborates with other departments as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
• Assists in identifying areas for improvement and making constructive changes
• Keeps abreast of all changing policies and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
• Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office and Adobe
• Knowledge and understanding of a modern office environment
• Strong proofreading and communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong analytical, organizational and detail oriented skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to work on a team
• Credibility, flexibility, and adaptability
• Capability to strategically plan ahead to meet deadlines and future organizational needs
• 5-7 years of office management experience
• Hospitality industry experience preferred
Physical Requirements Essential to Perform the Duties of the Job
• Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person, on the telephone, and on the computer
• Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk
• Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands
• Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room
• Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds when moving supplies
• May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel
How to Apply for Consideration
Email your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM EST on October 14, 2016. Resumes received after that time will not be accepted.
All questions and inquiries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, inquiries or resumes received in any other format or addressed to any other source will not be considered.
Resumes are active 90 days from date of receipt and do not constitute an employment relationship. Statements and representations on documents submitted for consideration must be complete and accurate. The LCVB reserves the right to verify the completeness and accuracy of any and all statements and representations as well as conduct background and job related checks.
The LCVB is an at-will employer. As such, employment may terminate at any time by either party.