FLYING EQUINE ART by: Julie, Horse Blogger
BREEZE THE BLUEGRASS 5/17/12
The Flying Horse of Gansu, located at the intersection of East Main Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard, is a wonderful example of the varied types of public equine art in Lexington. A gift from the Chinese city of Xi’an in the Shaanxi province to the city of Lexington, this statue is a reproduction of an 1,800-year-old Han Dynasty bronze sculpture. This gift was the result of an extensive exhibit, “Imperial China: The Art of the Horse in Chinese History” held at the Kentucky Horse Park in 2000. This horse has an interesting history since arriving in Lexington, and has painstakingly undergone extensive repairs, but is a must-see when walking or driving in downtown Lexington. Take a few minutes to visit this striking bronze equine.
The Kentucky Horse Park Foundation is in the running to win a new full size Toyota Tundra pick up truck through Toyota’s “100 Cars For Good” contest. All the Horse Park needs to win is your vote! A new pick up truck will help the Horse Park employees not only take care of the horses we so love to visit, but will also enable them to help maintain the beautiful grounds. Sunday, May 20, 10am – midnight visit the contest website and place your vote for so the Kentucky Horse Park can win a new truck. Limit 1 vote per voter, per day.
Click here to read the FAQ, learn about other daily opportunities to help some other organizations and also to place your vote to help the Kentucky Horse Park on Sunday.
Why does the Kentucky Horse Park need the new truck? Click here to watch this fun video
What does the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation do? Learn more here
Toyota is a big presence in Kentucky. The manufacturing headquarters for North America is in Erlanger in northern Kentucky. One of six major Toyota assembly plants in the United States is located right here in the Bluegrass town of Georgetown.
After you place your vote to help the Kentucky Horse Park win a new pick-up truck on Sunday, May 20, head out to the Horse Park to catch the High Hope Steeplechase.
Enjoy your time in the Bluegrass!
This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, espiceally its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.
Monday Jun 25, 2012
- LEX‚ÄôS BEST KEPT SECRET - Thursday Nov 1, 2012
- HORSES AND TRADITIONS - Wednesday Oct 24, 2012
- Larger Than Life Horses - Thursday Sep 6, 2012
- Hats Off to Horses - Thursday Aug 2, 2012
- From County Fairs to Olympics - Tuesday Jul 24, 2012
- EQUESTRIAN FUNDRAISERS AND MORE - Thursday Jul 19, 2012
- MORGANS AND BOERPERDS - Friday Jul 6, 2012
- HORSES HERE AND THERE - Monday Jun 25, 2012
- BORN OF THE DESERT WIND - Wednesday May 30, 2012
- FLYING EQUINE ART - Friday May 18, 2012
- THREE PHASES, HIGH HOPES & POLO - Wednesday May 9, 2012
- WIN, PLACE AND SHOW - Thursday May 3, 2012
- HORSES AT BLUEGRASS AIRPORT - Wednesday Apr 25, 2012
- HORSES ON THE WALL - Thursday Apr 19, 2012
- HORSES AND HATS - Thursday Apr 12, 2012
- HORSES AND THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND - Tuesday Apr 3, 2012
- HIGH TEA AND HORSES - Thursday Mar 29, 2012
- THOROUGHBRED PARK & GOOD CLEAN FUN - Friday Mar 23, 2012
- KENTUCKY HORSE PARK TURNS 34 - Wednesday Mar 14, 2012
- TAKE THE EQUINE INITIATIVE - Thursday Feb 23, 2012
- STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE‚ÄôS MOUTH - Thursday Feb 16, 2012
- WORLD-CLASS HORSE SHOWS - Thursday Feb 9, 2012
- SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER? - Thursday Feb 2, 2012
- COWBOYS AND LUCK - Thursday Jan 26, 2012
- ONLY ONE FUNNY CIDE - Friday Jan 20, 2012
- NEVER TOO COLD - Friday Jan 13, 2012
- NEW YEAR-OLD FRIENDS - Friday Jan 6, 2012
- WARM HORSE - Wednesday Dec 14, 2011
- HORSES FOR THE HOLIDAYS - Friday Nov 18, 2011
- VIRTUAL REALITY - Friday Nov 11, 2011
- TWO IN ONE - Wednesday Nov 2, 2011
- PUMPKINS AND PONY RIDES - Friday Oct 28, 2011
- FALL FOLIAGE TIME - Sunday Oct 23, 2011
- ‚ÄúVARIETY‚ÄĚ IS THE WORD - Wednesday Oct 12, 2011
- A DAY AT THE RACES - Thursday Oct 6, 2011
- FESTIVAL OF THE HORSE - Wednesday Sep 28, 2011
- SECRETARIAT FESTIVAL and MORE 9-21-11 - Wednesday Sep 21, 2011
- KEENELAND SEPTEMBER YEARLING SALE 9/15/11 - Friday Sep 16, 2011