Country Boy Brewing by: Wendy, Cuisine Blogger
BLUEGRASS FLAVORS AND FEEL:
This is not the first, nor will it be the last, time that I "brag on" the burgeoning beer scene here. With infectious passion, local brewmeisters are thinking outside the box to bring Lexington new and exciting riffs on lagers, ales, stouts, and wheat beers.
The latest of these is Country Boy Brewing Microbrewery and Taproom.
The enfants terribles who started it all are Evan Coppage, Jeff Beagle, Daniel Harrison a.k.a., "DH." All three are proud to be born and raised in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Their commitment is to making the finest product using only the freshest ingredients.
And what ingredients they are. You may, for instance, find a stout with a subtle infusion of peanut butter.
That seemed so unusual that I went to DH, who has been my go-to source.
He told me: "The peanut butter was our take on a friend's recipe and it has been really popular. We don't use extract or anything fake in our beers, so incorporating real flavors into beers is a challenge, but fun."
There is also a porter with a jalapeno bite. At first I thought it was the body of these darker beers that made them able to stand up to assertive flavorings. What did I know?
"Nacho Bait," aged in barrels with fresh habaneros, has blonde beer--paler in color and milder in taste--as its base.
Not sure what to sample? No worries. Try everything. I've seen people run through the list at one go. At $1.50-$2 for a four-ounce pour, you can and will quickly become an aficionado.
The minimalist taproom does not have a kitchen attached, but there is a blackboard with names and phone numbers of local restaurants that deliver.
As of this posting, Country Boy already has 3,423 friends of Facebook and 1,280 followers on Twitter.
If you go right now, you can surely become the 3,424th friend and/or the 1,281st follower after just one visit, because it is Country Boy's goal, and one where they succeed, to convey the concept:
- Awaiting The Jax - Friday Apr 26, 2013
- County Club - Monday Apr 22, 2013
- Thai Orchid Blossoms - Sunday Apr 14, 2013
- Doughnuts - Sunday Apr 14, 2013
- Southern Values Meet East Coast Tradition - Sunday Feb 24, 2013
- Pizza Parlors: Jefferson Street-Style - Sunday Feb 10, 2013
- Merrick Inn - Thursday Jan 31, 2013
- Sundays Suppers on Thursday - Monday Jan 28, 2013
- Back to Arirang Garden - Monday Jan 14, 2013
- Pakistani Fare on Clays Mill Road - Thursday Jan 10, 2013
- Athenian Grill - Thursday Dec 6, 2012
- Old World Sweets - Wednesday Dec 5, 2012
- Another Kind of Tasting Room - Saturday Dec 1, 2012
- The Perfect Server of Wine - Friday Nov 30, 2012
- Soundbar--The Bomb! - Sunday Nov 25, 2012
- Foodâ€¦For Thought! - Monday Nov 12, 2012
- Bourbon Pairs With Food Beautifully at Jonathan - Tuesday Oct 30, 2012
- Umami at Good Foods Co-Op - Wednesday Oct 17, 2012
- Wild Thyme - Thursday Oct 4, 2012
- Ruth Reichl to Address Kentucky Women Writers Conference! - Friday Sep 21, 2012
- Country Boy Brewing - Thursday Sep 20, 2012
- The Incredible Food Show 2012 - Tuesday Sep 18, 2012
- Dishing Up Top Service - Wednesday Sep 12, 2012
- Lexington's First Gastropub: The Village Idiot - Thursday Aug 30, 2012
- Buy Your Ticket's for Natasha's: Part II - Monday Aug 20, 2012
- Great News at Natasha's: Part I - Monday Aug 20, 2012
- Winchell's: It's Not Only Televisions - Sunday Aug 12, 2012
- Lexington Farmersâ€™ Market - Tuesday Jul 24, 2012
- Oasis in Chevy Chase - Monday Jul 23, 2012
- Lunch with The Wholesome Chef - Thursday Jul 5, 2012
- Table 310 - Sunday Jun 24, 2012
- Bread Pudding at a la lucie: The Intersection of Two Institutions. - Monday Jun 18, 2012
- Kentucky Proud Kitchen - Thursday May 31, 2012
- Strawberry Revelation - Sunday May 27, 2012
- Jonathanâ€™s Unique Hummus - Sunday May 27, 2012
- Two New Easy Places To Dine Alone - Wednesday May 16, 2012
- Updates - Wednesday May 9, 2012
- RosĂ© and Morels - Wednesday May 9, 2012
- Wine + Market - Monday Apr 30, 2012
- My Heart Belongs to Dosa - Tuesday Apr 17, 2012
- I Feel Good, Mon. - Monday Apr 16, 2012
- Itâ€™s Not Always About the Food - Monday Apr 2, 2012
- Alfalfa - Sunday Mar 25, 2012
- Lexingtonâ€™s Biggest and Best Fish Sandwich - Thursday Mar 22, 2012
- Northeastern Thai Comes to Lexington - Wednesday Mar 14, 2012
- Stellaâ€™s Kentucky Deli - Thursday Mar 1, 2012
- Good Reads...and Eats - Sunday Feb 26, 2012
- Happy Mardi Gras! - Tuesday Feb 21, 2012
- Chinese? Here? - Saturday Feb 18, 2012
- National Recognition for Pastry Chef - Saturday Feb 18, 2012
- A Loaf of Bread, a Bottle of Wine, and â€¦ Gourmet Pastry and Cheeses. - Monday Feb 13, 2012
- West African in Central Kentucky - Tuesday Jan 31, 2012
- Oy Vey, a Pop-Up! - Saturday Jan 21, 2012
- Seek Local and Ye Shall Find - Monday Jan 16, 2012
- Breakfast at Doodles - Sunday Jan 8, 2012
- The Mighty Minis - Tuesday Jan 3, 2012
- Spirited Treats - Thursday Dec 29, 2011
- What is a Hot Brown? - Monday Dec 19, 2011
- Pho, as in Fuh. - Friday Dec 9, 2011
- Blogs Connect Us All. - Sunday Dec 4, 2011
- Beer School - Monday Nov 28, 2011
- Shortyâ€™s is a Matchmaker - Sunday Nov 20, 2011
- Soup's On! - Thursday Nov 10, 2011
- This Weekend: BBQ Festival in Danville! - Monday Oct 31, 2011
- Eating Lunch at the University of Kentucky: Lemon Tree - Wednesday Oct 26, 2011
- Sweeeet! - Monday Oct 24, 2011
- Say Cheese - Monday Oct 17, 2011
- Apple Pickinâ€™ Time - Wednesday Oct 5, 2011
- Artisanal Chocolate - Friday Sep 30, 2011
- The Most Heavenly Mill on Earth - Wednesday Sep 21, 2011
- Top Chefs To Do Lexington - Friday Sep 9, 2011
- Grazing through downtown Lexington - Thursday Aug 25, 2011
- A Rich Food Blog for Locavores - Saturday Aug 20, 2011
- "Kentucky Proud" means Local Excellence - Friday Aug 12, 2011
- James Beard Dinner @ local winery - Thursday Aug 4, 2011
- New food blog coming! - Thursday Jul 28, 2011