VisitLEX Honors 23 Hometown Hosts
LEXINGTON, Ky. - VisitLEX recognized 23 people representing 24 organizations as Hometown Hosts today at a luncheon at the Lexington Center.
Developed by VisitLEX in 2004, the Hometown Host Program provides support and resources to anyone in Kentucky who can influence and be instrumental in bringing meetings, conventions and events to Lexington. VisitLEX's goal is to make the planning process easier for the Hometown Host by providing meeting and hotel options; specialty venue ideas and creative local group activities.
The honorable Mayor Jim Gray congratulated and warmly thanked all 23 Hometown Host Award recipients at the opening of today's celebratory luncheon. The Hometown Hosts recognized today were responsible for bringing more than 31,000 visitors representing more than 21,000 room nights to Lexington.
The 2015 Hometown Host Honoree, who were presented with a commemorative plaque, are:
• Dr. Diane Snow, National Neurotrauma Society 2016 Annual Meeting
• Bob Bauer, Kentucky Wood Expo 2014 and 2015
• John Greene, 10th Military Reunion of the U.S. Army Security Agency Europe
• Connie Gardner, Christian Women Connection State Convention
• Nathan Vanderford, David Gosky and Terry Keys, 2015 Cancer Center Executives Forum and the 2015 NIH/SEER Annual Meeting (National Institute of Health/Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program)
• Bill Martin, North American Interfraternity Conference 2016 Annual Meeting
• Erin McElwain, 2017 NACCDO/PAN Annual Meeting (National Association of Cancer Center Development Officers/National Cancer Institute Public Relations and Marketing Network)
• Timothy Bill, Pi Kappa Delta 2016 National Comprehensive Tournament
• Kevin Saal/Jamie Legate, many NCAA and SEC championship events plus the Southeastern Police Chiefs and Event Managers Conference
• Jim Pendergest, Amateur Field Trial Clubs of America: Purina Awards
• Rick Lewis, Southern Cruisers Riding Club 16th Annual Cruisin' for a Cure National Convention
• Kathy Byrnes/Sally Mineer, National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences 2014 Annual Session and Exhibits
• Bruce DeMaeyer, National Model Railroad Association's 2015 Mid-Central Region Convention
• Dr. Carrie Brown, The National Dental Associations' 2014 Annual Board Meeting & Inaugural Gala
• Steve Burke, Barbershop Harmony Society
• Dr. Ronald Hustedde, Community Development Society's 2015 Conference
• Beau Steenken, Southeastern Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries 2015 Annual Meeting
• Crit Fisher, Omega Psi Phi 2015 Conference
"Without our Hometown Hosts, we would not have been able to attract many of the meetings or conventions that have recently taken place in Lexington," VisitLEX President Mary Quinn Ramer said. "By having an active member of a group help with the bid process, it greatly strengthens our destination chances of being selected. We are incredibly grateful and honored to work with each of our Hometown Hosts."
The #ShareTheLex video; was viewed during lunch and George Dickson, who played the featured character Daniel Boone, was the Master of Ceremonies for the celebration.
VisitLEX is a destination sales and service organization charged with marketing and promoting Lexington's Bluegrass Region for the purpose of attracting visitors and growing the economy. The mission is to service visitors with genuine hospitality since Southern Starts Here.(TM) For more information: www.visitlex.com.